Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Eight: 1, 2 Freddies coming for you...

After watching an epic fail from Wes Craven I felt I should watch one of his classics so I chose to watch the original "Nightmare on Elm Street." Thank god I did or the Craven name would mean nothing to me except for when I use it to describe crap movies.

One thing I noticed in a similarity between "Nightmare on Elm Street" and Craven's latest disaster, was one character always calls out the villain. What is it with people trying to find the things that are trying to kill them? Don't be a hero. Freddie gets a thousand more movies and you're still the stupid chick who called out the monster in the first movie. Although, kudos for trying.

I really liked that Johnny Depp was in this. I actually laughed when his bed ate him. Great way to start of your career, maybe some of the crap actors these days should have done the same.

A creepy part for me is the song. The " 1, 2 Freddie's coming for you" song, gives me a mini panic attack because like I've said in previous posts, children terrify me in horror movies with their creepy voices. The song is very catchy though, and creepy, so clearly a winning tune.

"1, 2 Freddie's coming for you. 3, 4 better lock the door. 5, 6 get your crucifix. 7, 8 don't stay up late. 9, 10...


Never sleep again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment