Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day Twelve: Oh Vincent Price, you have yet to let me down!

At long last, I watched a Vincent Price film. Oh how I waited for this moment, and it was well worth the wait. "House On Haunted Hill" had it all; a chilling situation, an expressive and interesting lead actor, stories of ghosts and the music to add the flair the ghosts need to make a proper entrance as well as an intriguing mystery and storyline.

Vincent Price has, as most people know, an amazing voice. He seems to have a certain something that draws you into the movie, something I feel is lacking in Hollywood today. I could probably go on and on about Vincent Price, but I'll just stick to the movie for now. I'm sure Vincent Price will make his way into my movie selection again which will give me more opportunities to gush about him.

The plot of the movie is somewhat simple. Six strangers are invited to this house which is rumored to be haunted. They are invited by, as the doctor puts it an eccentric and his wife. They are told that at midnight the doors of the house will lock, trapping them all inside. Who ever makes it through the night will each get ten thousand dollars. The movie takes an interesting turn when Fredrick, Vincent Price's characters wife is hung. From there it takes a few turns and ends fantastically.

As I thought, "House On Haunted Hill" did not disappoint. I figured Vincent Price wouldn't let me down and am glad the movie overall was very enjoyable. I recommend it to anyone who likes classic horror flicks and think it was a great first Vincent Price movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment