Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Seven: I expected so much more Wes Craven...

I went to a screening of the new movie "My Soul To Take" directed by Wes Craven. It was in 3D however at the end neither me nor the fiery red head I went with could figure out what made it 3D other than wearing the glasses.

Being directed by Wes Craven I expected a lot from this movie, maybe too much. The story was about this psycho path who has multiple personalities and the angry personality takes over and kills his pregnant wife. Then when he dies there are seven babies born on the same night and the myth is that each baby received one of his personality or souls. Anyway, the kids grow up and all have the same birthday and on their 16th birthday "the Ripper" comes to kill them off. The story isn't terrible, I appreciate it but it was poorly executed.  It was really more comedic then scary. At one point one kid in the movie was walking around his house calling out for the Ripper and a guy a few rows behind us in the theatre said something like "yeah Ripper where you at bro?!". My friend laughed for about ten minutes, but I didn't hear the guy say that so I was just very confused. Now that I know, I find it hilarious and just shows how scared people really were.
 
Another part that was poorly designed and ended up being more a laughing stalk than a villain was The Ripper himself. He looked like, as I put it, a cracked up Bob Marley. My friend, or the fiery red head, corrected me and said "if Bob Marley came back from the dead and joined Insane Clown Posse, he would look like The Ripper."

Either way everyone, it was terrible. Save yourselves $14 and stay home. If you're still interested when it comes out on DVD, go ahead and watch it. But don't say I didn't tell you so. You were warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment