Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day Ten: Oh, infectious disease... you never lose your touch!

The beginning of "28 Days Later" starts off with raging Chimps and then flips to a naked man attached to machines in a hospital. He then wakes up, finds clothing, and most importantly Pepsi, then wanders around the hospital. When he finally ventures outside he walks aimlessly around London its clear he is definitely alone. 

Now I've got to say, ever since I saw that scene in the trailer the thought of being so incredibly alone has made me feel very uneasy. I like alone time, but that's going a little too far. Not to mention it would mean basically everyone I've ever known has either been infected with "Rage" and become a crazed freak who wants to kill me, or died by some other means.

The more zombie movies I watch, the more I think the government should put serious thought into a zombie action plan. In movies they are never prepared and while that is really no surprise, it still scares me. Or I could just take matters into my own hands and consider learning how to work military machinery or at the very least a gun. In my dreams I am completely capable of firing a gun but when I wake up I have my doubts, and the last thing I need while dealing with the undead is doubts. I mean hell, if I last 28 days in a zombie apocalypse I want to make sure I know what I'm doing so I can last a heck of a lot longer. I really have to work on my zombie survival plan. My Mom was probably right to keep the baseball bat by the door for so long, and I think I'm going to start keeping it within arms reach from now on.

As for the movie, it wasn't terrible. I enjoyed it to a point but found my attention wandered within its long drawn out scenes. There were even some somewhat gross parts, one in particular was the part where one of the army men gets his eyes pushed into his skull by thumbs. What a way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment