Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day Nineteen: And we thought adoption was safe...

Creepy kids, they're on my list of things that terrify me in movies and "The Omen" has a creepy kid. He's really more evil than creepy, seeing as he's the son of Lucifer. I was a little disappointed when the kid wasn't really in a lot of the movie, just his creepy smile here and there but no actual kid killing anyone. Although I guess if you're the son of the devil you have people to kill people for you.

The movie starts of with a man loosing his son during childbirth and crying about having to tell his wife the bad news. Then a priest comes to tell him that he can adopt a child that was born at the same time but the mother died. Suspicious? Apparently not because he takes the kid and never tells his wife that their son isn't actually theirs. Then the people around the boy end up dying one by one, and eventually the father goes on this hunt to find out where his son came from.

I didn't find this movie particularly interesting mostly because it was pretty predictable. The idea for it is good, I'm all for creepy kids. There could have been more of the kid actually being evil though, that might have made it more enjoyable. All in all, not bad but very long. It has its moments of creepy but I didn't find it to be overly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment