Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day Eighteen: "Don't watch and say you did?" God I wish I had...

It was as bad as I imagined and worse. "Friday The 13th" happened to be on AMC Monday night so I thought perfect, on my list and I won't have to purchase it. It was the very first one with Mama and Kevin Bacon. I'm really glad I didn't buy this one.

The story of Jason has never appealed to me. A kid who was picked on is ignored and drowns in a lake and his mother takes revenge on camp counselors and eventually Jason himself comes back for the other 65, 000 movies to do the same in a hockey mask. I can see how the idea would be scary, a tall silent and soulless killer would generally be my idea of a great time but there's just something about the Friday The 13th franchise I just don't care for. Needless to say, in the movie "Freddy vs. Jason" I was on Freddy's side.

As I was watching this movie I was having "bad movie deja-vu" as my friend put it. I had seen some of it already which seems to be a consistent situation throughout this movie challenge experience. At one point I was just so bored with the movie and complaining to my friend via text she suggested I "don't and say I did". I didn't that would be fair, this is a challenge damnit, I'll suck it up and watch it through. I got a great chance to yell at the TV when the final survivor was running away from Mama but never actually killed her, they just ran around for like 15 minutes. Apparently someone doesn't know what to do in a horror situation, everyone knows you kill them dead!

P.S: Hey Kevin Bacon, this was your first movie hey? So hows your career doing? Oh... that's right! Your highlight was "Footloose". Sorry, but you're no Johnny Depp, seems you chose the wrong horror franchise. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment