Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day Twenty: ... What?

It took me 20 days to find the original version of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Dear lord was I tired of being disappointed when I saw Jessica Biels name on the credit list on the back of the DVD. Although the movie itself was pretty disappointing.

This movie was the influence for Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses" which makes a lot of sense after seeing both of them. The hillbillies attacking people is always a favorite storyline of mine. Can't go wrong with a little mutilation from a guy wearing a mask made out of other peoples skin. I found it ended kind of abruptly and my friend and I both said "wait, what?" when the credits started rolling.

I think for this type of movie its a good start. I remember seeing a scene from what I thought was this movie that had a radio station playing "Goo Goo Muck" by the Cramps but when the movie was over and I hadn't heard it I looked it up and found out that the scene I saw was in "Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2". Ain't that just my luck, the one part I'm looking forward to is in the sequel. I'm interested in seeing the second movie, I didn't really get into this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment