Monday, October 4, 2010

Day Three: "Time to nut up or shut up"

My weekend was zombie themed. It wasn't planned but it just so happened that "Zombieland" was on TV today. Not scary no, but I looked it up and it says it's technically horror, even if its comedy-horror, but I'm counting it.

I am not a fan of Woody Harrelson, and generally just roll my eyes at most things he's in but I really enjoyed this. It was funny and the zombies were creepy. These zombies had a human strain of mad cow, and it painted a very freaky picture and worked to their advantage. Creepy, bloody and oozing... just how I like my zombies!

This movie was definitely not short of laughs. "He was in the ass-kicking business... and business is good!". I have always like that saying, I don't know why, don't judge me. Also, theres the quote I used at the post title. Ah yes, "nut up or shut up", words to live by. Oh and Bill Murray has a cameo... need I say more?

The girls in the movie pissed me off at first because I thought they were little bitches but then I thought about what I would do if I were in their position and came to the conclusion I'd probably do the same. So, good for them. Any twelve year old who can fire a gun would be an asset in the zombie apocalypse. However she would have to shut the hell up about Hannah Montana or she would be the first to get sacrificed. If she brought up Bieber, I'd be killing her myself.

Technically this has nothing to do with the movie but I was more than pleased with the music selection. Sea Wolf, The Velvet Underground, Paul Anka?!? Boy howdy.

"Zombieland", you had me at "nut up". I look forward to a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment