Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day One: Slight fail, no ones fault but my own...

So October is upon us and my intentions to watch "Night of The Living Dead" to start off my month right flopped when I found "Paranormal Activity" on TV Boy did I ever make the wrong decision.

"Paranormal Activity" was a movie I'm glad I didn't pay to see. I jumped at the end and that was it. I'm not saying a classic zombie movie from the 60s would make me jump out of my skin, but at least it's got something behind it, such as, being revolutionary for starters.

My attempt at watching a horror movie for each day of October does have some rules behind it and if anyone actually reads this I want my intentions to be clear. I'm watching horror movies I've always wanted to see. From some of the classics to newer movies I've just been meaning to watch. Some - possibly most- of the movies I end up choosing to view may not be the best movies in the world, the most cinematic revolutions in the horror film genre, or the scariest movies ever seen, but they're on my must-to-see list. I am very open to suggestions as my list is constantly growing.

Also, if it gets down to 11:59pm October 31st and I have yet to write about "The Exorcist", its for that reason. I love it, its one of my favorite horror flicks ever, but I've seen it a bi-gillion times. I feel I need to start shedding light on the movies I've neglected - rather than just hear about what others have said about them, see for myself.

So as day one of my little mission concludes,  all I can say for "Paranormal Activity" is:
"The Blair Witch Project" called and it wants its camera work back.

No comments:

Post a Comment