Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Nine: You can't kill the boogeyman!

So Day Nines movie actually did scare me. The original "Halloween" was definitely a success. I have always liked the story of Michael Myers, I even liked the first Rob Zombie movie, although that was half love for the story other half love for Rob Zombie.

People under-estimate how much music can help a good scare. The music for "Halloween" has always been amazing. Very simple if you think about it, I mean was tapping the beat of the stalking music on my dog. Dramatic tones were put right where they should be, in moments when Michael appeared in the frame. I got some good jumps out of this movie which is hard to do lately.

A random fact that is more related to my challenge than this movie but I actually dream in horror movies now. From the music to the dark lighting and dull colors, the classics horror movies are coming out through my dreams. Most of the dreams aren't scary, no nightmares to speak of just seems like I'm living my life in a horror movie without the horror. It's actually kind of fun, I'm really glad that that's the only side affect I've had thus far.

In closing, the Halloween franchise definitely has something going for it. The thing about Michael Myers that scares me the most is that he's no longer human. He looks like one sure, but there is no emotion in his killing. He doesn't care if you have a wife and kid's, or how young you are. The scariest people -in movies and life- are the ones who know longer feel compassion and sympathy.

Now that, my friends, is what nightmares are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment